“PIRATE DAY IN MAY COLOURING-IN” COMPETITION
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 12 and under. Entrants must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Charity to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this competition.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Charity, and agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- Competition commences on 22/05/19. Entries close last mail received on 28/06/19.
- To enter, individuals must:
i. receive a promotional eDM from the Charity, and follow the link in the eDM to download and print the Pirate Day Colouring-in Competition image (“Competition Image”); and then
ii. colour in the Competition Image and complete the details, including name, age and Parent/Guardian permission to enter and send the fully completed Competition Image to:
c/o The Kids’ Cancer Project
PO Box 6400
Alexandria NSW 2015
so that it is received by last mail on 28/06/19.
- The Charity reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Charity has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the competition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Charity’s discretion. Failure by the Charity to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Charity’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one entry permitted per person.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Charity reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The judging will take place at The Kids’ Cancer Project, 5 – 11 Mentmore Avenue Rosebery NSW 2018 on 5 July 2019 at 10am. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. The winners will be notified by telephone and email.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on creative merit of colouring in the Competition Image.
- The Charity’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The best five (5) valid entries as determined by the judges, will each win a Pirate Prize Pack valued at $114.90. Each prize includes:
- One (1) x Orlando Pirate Bear;
- One (1) Pirate Day fabric eyepatch;
- One (1) The Kids; Cancer Project kids t-shirt;
- One (1) The Kids’ Cancer Project hero cape;
- One (1) The Kids’ Cancer Project bouncy ball; and
- One (1) The Kids’ Cancer Project mini backpack.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian.
- If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Charity, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Charity, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- Total prize pool value is $574.50.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- As a condition of entering this competition, each entrant licenses and grants the Charity, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- Entrants consent to the Charity using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Charity.
- If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Charity, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Charity reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Charity (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Charity (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Charity’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Charity) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Charity; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a
- The Charity conducting the competition is The Kids’ Cancer Project (ABN 13 061 138 181) of Ground Floor, 5–11 Mentmore Avenue, Rosebery NSW, 2018 (the “Charity”).